In 2013, Children’s Action for Development began its partnership with Future Sense Foundation, running supplementary classes in three different locations. A total of 414 students, including 205 girls, attended the three CAD schools in 2020.
- Kindergarten (early childhood education)
- Level 1 (Grade 1 and 2),
- Level 2 (Grade 3 and 4),
- Level 3 (Grade 5 and 6).
Students are educated free of charge and are given pens, books, pencils and other materials. Children are also provided with water and snacks such as local cakes, bread and fruits. The community teacher provide khmer, math, English, lifeskill and Sport.
Future Sense Foundation (FSF) is a UK based volunteering organization who arrange for international volunteers to visit Battambang for periods of between one week and a few months. An in-country FSF manager ensures that volunteers are properly accommodated and CAD provides them with the opportunity to work with the children. In 2019, over 100 FSF volunteers were hosted by CAD.
Below is a snapshot of work carried out by Future Sense Foundation (FSF) volunteers. If you are inspired, visit the Future Sense Foundation website
- teaching maths, English, life skills, and sport,
- improving reading, the teaching skills of Cambodian teachers,
- improving health through first aid, drug education,nutrition (including providing snacks at supplementary classes), safe migration, child right,
- carrying out repairs to homes,
- running kindergarten classes
- teaching dance classes
- computer classes
- clean water education
- capacity building to youth.